cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible network

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got O2 last December thinking that this is one of the country's best network but over the six months to my disappointment I have found the network coverage as pathetic. I am in plymouth Devon. when this plan was sold to me they said they are going to 4G services from April but let alone 4G I am not even getting a proper 2G signal. I am really disappointed. I wish I shud have never changed from my last network provider who were far far better than O2. This phone is costing me a fortune and the irony is since people are not reaching me I am carrying another PAYG phone in me so that people can try and reach me on a different number.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest it may seem like the o2 (and other) networks have gone down hill and that perception is probably with merit.

The issue is that the amount of data we are consuming is SURGING. Networks are saying data consumption is up around 60% this year. That is a huge increase and one that presents challenges hence the network upgrades.

For me the biggest issue after signal is the lack of information coming out of o2. It is poor, woeful.
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with that, all I ask is to be honest and admit there is a problem and O2 / others are working on it but does wind me up when they pretend all is OK or its the customers fault / equipment. Not once as someone at o2 has never said to me there is a lot of congestion but we are working on it be patient it will get better. All I get is a script turn off/on have you tried a different device and so on.

Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 are merrily going on their way capturing thousands of new customers quarterly so are happy to do this. Obviously admitting the congestion problems would stop the growth. The adverse effect is that people are leaving the network but as long as the growth and profit is there for the shareholder all is well in the O2 garden.

Message 23 of 24

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

You only have to look at the attached link to see just how much bandwith o2 have compared to their rivals to subscriber ratio.

http://www.prattfamily.demon.co.uk/mikep/frequency.htm

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 24 of 24