cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate contract and then ordering new phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 2 contracts with O2, im not due to upgrade until later this year so i decided to cancel both contracts and start new ones so that i could get new phones. I ordered my 1st phone no problem, i then went to order my 2nd and when i enter my card details im getting the error " this card cannot be checked", i contacted o2 who said i need to open an account with a different email and contact number which i tried but getting the same error, i think this is an anti-fraud measure but just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they got it resolved? Im not sure if i try again tomorrow it will go through?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It probably is a security guard having already used the card. I would try again tomorrow or it may just be easier to call 202 and have them take the payment.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

When you say you cancelled both contracts, did you pay off the months that were remaining on those contracts or did you just stop paying them?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

could possibly be doing a credit check 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have paid the termination fees for both contracts. 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It probably is a security guard having already used the card. I would try again tomorrow or it may just be easier to call 202 and have them take the payment.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks i think i will just try again tomorrow, wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced this. Was worried that i've cancelled both contracts but now can only get one - if that makes sense? I've spoken to O2 who advised to do the same thing and if it still fails i can stop one of my cancelled contracts.

Message 6 of 6