Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff Upgrade

xchris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is it so painful to do a tariff upgrade with O2.  I have been a customer of O2 for years and had the same phone for over 3 years.  I had 4G coverage but after checking the upgrades on my O2 account I found a better deal.  I selected this and was told it was best to swap my sim. After swapping my sim I tried to register for 4G and kept getting an error on the site.  Spoke to someone via the chat (very helpful, just hope what they have done works), to be told that the bolt on I have chosen is not compatible with my phone (why offer the upgrade if my current phone is not compatible).  I now have to wait 24 hours for this to take effect.  Other companies you can change your monthly tariff on a monthly basis.  Why changing the tariff with O2 means swapping sims and being without 4G for days (waiting for new sim to arrive and then 24 hours to be active). I will be thinking twice before upgrading through O2 again........

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @xchris Not sure what phone you have now...or the bolt on causing the problem?

It is really better to speak to someone and not use live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I ask about bolt ons as idata bolt ons are usually a culprit for new phones ie being applied incorrectly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Also if the sim is 3 years old it may not be 4g enabled hence a new sim
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If you had gone into an o2 shop you could have done it all in 10 mins, as many of us have done previously.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5