Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff Change

JLEE1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a sim card recently and asked of the 10pound 1GB Big Bundle Plan but instead they sold me 10pound 500MB Bundle plan. I did the live chat to do this and was told its been changed. But I didn't see it so did another live chat and they confirmed it is now on the 1GB Plan but the site has a lag. I was about and realised this wasn't the case. I had no tariff and because and because the 10pound i top up was incorrectly used for the 500MB bundle there was no credit either. I couldn't call, text or even use the internet! Was the most frustrating situation.

1. Sales Person sold me the wrong plan.

2. The first live chat person took me off the tariff and didn't put me in the proper one completely.

3. The second live chat person verified it was all correct but it wasn't.

I was stranded in a foreign area unable to contact my friend I was going to meet.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can change your tariff yourself in your MyO2
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
The choices are here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Too late now but if you had called customer service rather than live chat, they would probably have reinstated the missing data.

Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @JLEE1 Welcome to the community! I'm Martin the community manager here on the O2 forums. If you want me to pass on feedback about your experience with customer services then feel free to send me a private message with the details and I'll make sure it gets passed on to the rest of the team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4