Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk me into staying with O2

ajo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 contracts for a long time.

I am due another upgrade within days, looking around though others like GiffGaff and other pay monthly deals look better than the overall cost of a refresh contract.

What are the advantages that I will be missing out on that perhaps I have missed while calculating this all.

I can pay for the phone outright from the start if this counts towards anything.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on Payg big bundle and pay for my iPhone's up front.

I get a pretty good deal.

Where I am I receive 50mbps 4G speeds.
Obviously this is dependant where you live etc.

Each Network has its pros and cons.

Ie GiffGaff has no callcentre to ring. You get help from other members and be contacting the admin on their site. That said their deals are enticing. My data speeds lagged with them.

In the end it's got to be a personal choice.

The 30 day sim only contracts look good to me. No lock in.

If you do consider other networks then do try out their payg sims first.
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Take a look at Tesco Mobile. Their Pay Monthly tariffs offer more than O2 do for the same money, and they use the O2 network, so if you're happy with the signal you get with O2, you won't see any change. They also have a similar scheme to Refresh if you wanted to go that route.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Talk me into staying with O2"

No, if only for the reason that O2 won't try and convince you to stay either.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
My enticement is the discount I get through friends and family, for others it's Priority deals, for others it's something else etc. Point is, only you can decide what is best for you.
If you get good signal and data speeds for a reasonable cost stay (there is worse out there, believe me) but as you can buy a phone outright, look at buying sim free from the likes of CPW and taking a sim only deal.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Sorry but I was happy when I left O2 for Three and I'm now extremely happy on EE (especially since I get a 40% discount) so don't think I can talk you into staying

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As someone who is porting to EE I wouldn't dream of trying to entice you into staying with O2. Right now I can see no benefits with regards to coverage I'm afraid. Any decision needs to be yours based on coverage, costs and needs.

Message 7 of 7