cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching numbers between two contracts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to swap the numbers between two contracts?

My wife has just been started a new job and has been given a mobile to use (on another network) that her company will pay for, including all person calls, text and data. As she has always kept the same number she would like to move it over to her new work phone. However she still has a year left to run on her contract and I don't want to have to settle up the account just to get the PAC code

If I get a pay as you go sim and register it to my account can I swap the numberss between these two contracts? If I can then the new number from the PAYG sim will be linked to the ongoing contract (that I will then use for myself) and her current number will be on a PAYG contract that I can get the PAC code from

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
You would need to pay off the contract even moving the number to P & G. Whilst you can change the number of a contact you cannot then use the replaced number I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You're going to have to speak to Customer Services on 202.

Be very specific on what you want to achieve and they will say yes or no.

My understanding is as their is still that year to run you'll have to wind up that contract.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
You would need to pay off the contract even moving the number to P & G. Whilst you can change the number of a contact you cannot then use the replaced number I'm afraid.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried that but I didn't get anywhere. The agent I spoke with didn't seem to understand what I was trying to achieve.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It may be worth phoning back and speak to another agent. Sometimes it's down to who you converse with.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As said repeatedly it is not possible to do without closing the account, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is rather frustrating. If the number can be changed or even ported from another carrier then surely there is no technical reason the numbers could be switched round.

just another example of the poor service I have come to expect from O2
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The number is the account, so unless you free the number from the account by closing it there's no other way.
All networks are the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9