cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to o2 previous number has not been transferred - not happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've switched from Giffgaff to 02 due to the fact, the signal for 02 is strong in my area and I have most of my family on the network. I got the PAC code from Giffgaff and filled a form in on Friday afternoon, told my number would switch to 02. 

Monday came, still not switched over. Spoke to someone on the chat and they said to keep waiting until Tuesday. Tuesday is here, still no joy. I spoke to someone again on live chat - they said my number could not be ported due to a technical issue. He filled in the form - promised it would be Wednesday. Wednesday passed - nothing. We are now into Thursday - I popped into my local 02 store - they said they couldn't do anything. Put me on to customer service using their landline. The agent said it was due to be switched over today over the phone. It's nearly the end of Thursday and I am still not using my previous number.

Why is this happening? I need this number as I have relatives who don't use IM apps and for my landlord to contact and for job interviews. Is there any hope I can have my old number ported over, or shall I concede and take the temporary number full-time. I'm very annoyed and wish to be compensated for four days without a number.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
The GG sim went dead Monday.
Message 11 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ouch, something very wrong there - you have rebooted?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've rebooted a million and one times! I've even took the sim and the battery out. I hope I've not lost that number forever.
Message 13 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It must be in the system somewhere!
Call back to CS in the morning and be polite but firm with them. Good luck!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for this anyway - I just feel as if I am hitting my head against a brick wall with them.
Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoken to someone in the live chat - and they say it's a technical error with porting - this is going to go into a week of not having a number almost. Is there any way of compensation?
Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd get your number sorted first then ask about compo.....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Saying if it fails, would I be entitled to compensation?
Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm not sure that "entitled" is the correct expression.
O2 work on "goodwill gestures" as that way no one is accepting liability for the issue.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Number still hasn't been switched over and this is getting extremely frustrating.

I spoke to someone last night via Live Chat and apprently, it's due to switch over today! It's 1-32 pm and no joy as of yet. They keep mentioning this technical error what the hell is it?!
Message 20 of 28