cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have an iPhone 5 with 2GB data, unlimited texts and calls and pay £38.00 per month. I want to purchase a new iPhone 6 with 5GB data and pay £48.00 per month BUT, I have a really good number that I have had for years so I want to put my current sim in the new phone and get 5GB data etc, and put my existing tariff on to a new number on the iPhone 6-can thos be done?

As I see it I am just swapping tariffs between two phones-is that how it works?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can transfer your number to the new tariff but it will cancel the old contract. You can't just switch numbers like you want to but you can switch sim cards between the phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest calling o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to ask and if it can be done one way or another I'm sure they will.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can transfer your number to the new tariff but it will cancel the old contract. You can't just switch numbers like you want to but you can switch sim cards between the phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The reason why I suggested calling customer services is that they may be able to adjust the current allowances in your current tariff to get To what your wanting. Look in your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 too to see if you can choose a tariff there.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Allowances can possibly be increased on the 2gb but you will have to pay extra.
You won't be able to drop the 5gb to 2gb though.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5