cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect vat refund email

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I receved an email saying "In response to an increase in VAT in the EU and currency changes, and as a result of last week's VAT-related price change, it has come to our attention that between Oct 2012 and Oct 2014 there was a system error which resulted in some of our customers paying the incorrect rate of VAT on some services.

This email had all my personal information, but asked me to follow a link to log into my account, has anyone else seen an email like this? The email looked legitimate, if anyone from O2 monitors this thread, please let me know how to report this.
Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not part of the Android Army then?

At least he ain't got a poxy icrap thing.

All those people who wanted the iPhone should feel ripped off tonight as Apple announced profits of $18 billion in just 3 months. Ripoff
Message 201 of 374

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
$200,000,000 per day

Message 202 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep = ripped off

Glad I own a Sammy
Message 203 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

derailed thread.jpg

No offence of course.....but back on topic LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 204 of 374

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It seems to me that while O2 are quite happy for us to offer advice to their customers, O2 are not so happy when we offer our advice to them.

Over a week ago several members suggested that the data release had nothing to do with keylogger malware.

If O2 had heeded that advice then perhaps they wouldn't find themselves in the mess that they are in today.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 205 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

It seems to me that while O2 are quite happy for us to offer advice to their customers, O2 are not so happy when we offer our advice to them.

Over a week ago several members suggested that the data release had nothing to do with keylogger malware.

If O2 had heeded that advice then perhaps they wouldn't find themselves in the mess that they are in today.

And of course the advice we keep giving now is based totally on our own assumptions (and the expertise of some of our members). We have had no new 'guidance' from O2. It seems somewhat inappropriate to be directing new posters to the phishing link...when we dont actually believe that will help anyone...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beenherebefore wrote: It seems somewhat inappropriate to be directing new posters to the phishing link...when we dont actually believe that will help anyone...Evil

I'm sure the scammers would be only too happy to help if 'their' website was broken! We'd probably get better support Smiley LOL

Message 207 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
There has been no update today from the CEO's office in response to my email.

I will update IF I get a reply
Message 208 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband also received this email saying that he was due £62.50 and that he had to log onto account to verify who he was, which is completely ludicrous, what worries me more is that I received the same email about the VAT refund from Vodafone also for a VAT refund of the same amount, we suspected that this was fraudulent and havent done anything about it.  Neither of us have logged into our online accounts on our computer as it is new, we opened the emails via smartphones.

I now dont know if it will ever be safe to deal with contract upgrades via the web, think I might just do it through a phone store.

Message 209 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband also received this email saying that he was due £62.50 and that he had to log onto account to verify who he was, which is completely ludicrous, what worries me more is that I received the same email about the VAT refund from Vodafone also for a VAT refund of the same amount, we suspected that this was fraudulent and havent done anything about it.  Neither of us have logged into our online accounts on our computer as it is new, we opened the emails via smartphones.

I now dont know if it will ever be safe to deal with contract upgrades via the web, think I might just do it through a phone store.

But a store will still hold the same information when you upgrade or open an account. All that goes on your providers database...

This breach of security isn't coming from an individuals laptop....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 210 of 374