cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed to refresh question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 12 months left on my contract and I was looking into paying the fee to upgrade to  Speed to Refresh, I was wondering after I get the new phone could I just simply pay off device total fee up front and cancel the airtime. Would that end the new contract straight away? For example if I selected the Z5 Compact on the 20Gb £49 a month tarrif. Could I simply call up and cancel the airtime as soon as the phone arrives and just pay the £360 device fee? Would that be it for the contract?

Alternatively If i'm not happy with the new phone and send it back within 7 days am I right in assuming that would also end the new contract as well?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yes correct, with refresh you pay the device off and then cancel the contract without penalty. Only thing is I think you need to give 30 days notice so you'll have to pay the first month (I think)

You've got 14 days to return the device if you don't like it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yes correct, with refresh you pay the device off and then cancel the contract without penalty. Only thing is I think you need to give 30 days notice so you'll have to pay the first month (I think)

You've got 14 days to return the device if you don't like it. 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If keeping the phone you may wish to get it unlocked too whilst still in contract as it would be free http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's something many people did on the previous iphone launch. Some variants were cheaper than buying from Apple. They bought, paid off the device and resold on ebay at inflated prices. Dog eat dog the age we live in wink

Message 4 of 4