cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Text 65065

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else received a text message from the above number?

Message reads: FreeMsg: Use code 0000 to verify your purchase of £4.50 per week

I have not signed up for anything and the no money has come out yet? and it better not do!!

This must be spam, so I don't plan on responding unless they start taking any funds off me.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check out the number here : http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/number-checker/check-a-number-results

Sometimes inadvertently clicking on a link will generate premium text services such as these. Facebook is notorious for these type of scams.

PhonePayPlus are the regulators for the industry and any complaints need to be made through them or by contacting Oxygen8 directly.

This is nothing to do with O2 as they will apply charges if instructed by the text company. They won't know whether you have signed up intentionally or not.

The details and their contact number :

Customer care number:0844 448 0700
Customer care email:customercare.uk@oxygen8.com
Search result provided by:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd
Service connected on:12 April 2013
Service terminated on:This service is still operating
Name of service:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd - 08444480700
Type of service:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information
Service description:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information
How much does this service cost?Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it then you should contact Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd

12th Floor
Lyndon House
58-62 Hagley Road
Birmingham
B16 8PE

Finally have a read through this thread :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check out the number here : http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/number-checker/check-a-number-results

Sometimes inadvertently clicking on a link will generate premium text services such as these. Facebook is notorious for these type of scams.

PhonePayPlus are the regulators for the industry and any complaints need to be made through them or by contacting Oxygen8 directly.

This is nothing to do with O2 as they will apply charges if instructed by the text company. They won't know whether you have signed up intentionally or not.

The details and their contact number :

Customer care number:0844 448 0700
Customer care email:customercare.uk@oxygen8.com
Search result provided by:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd
Service connected on:12 April 2013
Service terminated on:This service is still operating
Name of service:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd - 08444480700
Type of service:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information
Service description:Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information
How much does this service cost?Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd has not provided this information

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it then you should contact Oxygen8 Communications UK Ltd

12th Floor
Lyndon House
58-62 Hagley Road
Birmingham
B16 8PE

Finally have a read through this thread :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would also keep checking your bill very carefully for the next couple of months.They have got your phone number frrom somewhere. You may (as jonsie said) have clicked on some link inadvertently via FB or some other site

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Certainly do not respond by text as this will just confirm it's a live number.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A community help thread on spam here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Didn't see it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 8