cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for Pay Monthly bill VAT number missing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've asked for vat bills for claiming for business expense.

When the paper copies arrived they stated" This is a VAT invoice" but there was no Vat no printed on them and the same for the online version. A simple work around is cut and paste the following into a blank Word or Office document just above the footer, then run the paper copy they've sent or one you've printed through the printer and scan or photo it for mailing to your accounts.

VAT Registered Number: GB 778 6037 85

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 2 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie Just checked latest bill and no vat no and still says not a vat invoice.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I've had VAT bills for around 2 years now so I don't know why they can't implement for all customers. I never asked for VAT invoices as they are of no use to me.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
Companies are required by law to provide a vat invoice if requested, so it must be possible, but as with everything these days with o2.........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my device plan bills. After week's of telephone calls I finally got O2 to send me invoices with the VAT number on for my last phone so I was then able to submit a claim to my employer for the cost. Changed my phone last November and dispite numerous telephone calls a 'live chats' where all the operators told me it has been sorted, nothing has happened!!

In this day and age, this should be a simple task to achieve.

Think I will switch to a new provider next time.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.Keep phoning and getting fobbed off.Done live chat they useless.All i want is invoices for device plan my accountant keeps harassing me.Just want to get account updated.

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122925 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having the same problem.Keep phoning and getting fobbed off.Done live chat they useless.All i want is invoices for device plan my accountant keeps harassing me.Just want to get account updated.

And yet this link is still showing as current?! As you say it should be easy......but....http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=22386

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
Nothing is easy these days......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122925 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Nothing is easy these days......

Yeah ...tell me about it....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10