cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly confused about topping up on pay&go since owning a smart phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered recently or there is an article containing the anwser I'm looking for.

Anyway, I upgraded my old Nokia 6500 I had for about 7 years a few months ago to a Nokia Lumia 625 on pay&go.

When I had my old Nokia I would top up £10 on to it when I needed to and it would also give me a certain allowance of free calls/text/data for a month but NOT deduct the money from it, then once the free allowance ran out after a month, it would revert back to deducting money from whatever amount I topped up with which is what I have been used to and understand.

Nowadays, I top up say £10 on my smartphone and it gives me the free allowances for a month but also deduct £10 from it instantly, why is this, is possible to go back to topping up how I was on my old phone? Sorry if I'm being very stupid and misunderstand something blatantly obvious.

Hope I made sense, thanks for reading.

Cheers, Robin.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are meaning 'O2 Unlimited' which is no longer an option for new customers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Their is the big talker which is really for O2 to O2 usage.

"Big Talker is perfect if your friends and family are also on O2. Top up and get O2 Calls, O2 texts and data – use your credit to buy more when you need to."

Here is the available payg tariffs http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are meaning 'O2 Unlimited' which is no longer an option for new customers.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for clarifying, I forgot which tariff I was on my old phone but would rather stick with that one than the new one I have now, I'll switch to the big talker tariff next month.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just use your old sim card that you had in the old Nokia as it will still contain your old tariff.
If you need it to be smaller you can get it cut down in a phone shop or go into an O2 shop and ask them to do a sim swap for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5