cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simonly - Trying to upgrade.. Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

12 days ago I went into an o2 store to upgrade to an iphone 6. The adviser showed me the deals and the 6s was pretty much the same price. As i was going on holiday and he told me the price could change before launch i decided to wait until i got back from my holiday and the phone was out. my tariff had gone up massively due to loyalty discounts etc ending so the adviser said he'd pop me on a Sim only tariff for now and that i could upgrade any time (he actually said that 4 times throughout the transaction). I signed the paper work and left. Now I've tried to phone o2 today (unable to get through) to upgrade to the 6s only to keep receiving text saying i can upgrade in August 2016... Is this correct? Has this adviser in my local shop 'stiffed' me or can i upgrade when i eventually get through to a human???

Thanks Mark

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone else offer any confirmed clarification?

No..only customer services  You could ring now before 9pm...or first thing tomorrow just after 8am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you contact customer services (not live chat) there should be a record of your transaction. They will need to sort this http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
afaik you can upgrade at any time from a simo but it needs to be over ridden by a human as the computer will just see it as a 12 month contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
eeeekkkk when you say sort this... do you mean to upgrade or because the advisor has told me incorrect info about upgrading anytime?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No..only customer services  You could ring now before 9pm...or first thing tomorrow just after 8am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your help
Message 8 of 8