cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim switch over question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, 

My partner changed phone yesterday and went from a normal sized sim on one phone to a mini sim on her new phone. We did the switch over online so she could take her phone number and account balance with her. Both of these carried over no problem. 

However she has been topping up £15 per month which gave her unlimited texts and data. This did not carry over. Should it have done? How can she get this feature back and she has already paid for it? I would have thought like her number and account balance this would be linked to her account. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It may take a little while longer for the tariff to transfer over, but it should do.
If you are worried, call CS on 4445 and they can check.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You should be contacting CS to check when this will happen @Anonymous

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous As you only did the swap yesterday, it may just be taking a little more time for the account to update, but if you're concerned, speak to customer service. We are all customers here and have no access to anyone's account. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous how did you get on with your sim swap? Has everything switched over now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5