cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

My problem is that I have no signal when I put my sim into my phone (Xperia Z3+) however I'm not sure if its a problem with my sim or not. I'm leaning towards not but would like some opinions. It all starts about 2 months ago when I was having issues with my phone losing wifi and then not getting it back until several restarts and a couple hours later.

So I sent it to Sony for repair as it is still under warranty. But as it had some cracks on the back glass they charged me to replace that (which I expected). They sent it back to me and it still didnt connect to the wifi but this time no amount of restarts helped. Then they sent it back saying the mainboard had been replaced which I think is important to my issue as when I received it back this time the wifi worked (yay) but now I had no signal on my phone. I tried my wifes sim in my phone which I know for sure works and still no signal. So back it goes to Sony.

Then I get it back saying the sim tray had been replaced but alas still no signal. But both times I've had no signal I've tried to connect manually to a network under the settings but noticed that the default network ticked in the list is "3 UK" with other 3 and EE networks unavailable but listed and O2 nowhere to be found. So with this information I think maybe i've been changed over to 3 somewhere down the line and thats the problem. So I've gone to a local phone repair shop and borrowed a 3 PAYG sim, not registered with it or got any credit on it and the phone at first showed no signal again but then as was in the settings with the guy in the shop noticed a couple bars of signal seemingly confirming my theory.

However after checking the sim lock using *#*#7465625#*#* it says that it isnt locked. So should still work with my sim right? Unless I'm misunderstanding how a phone is locked to a network.

Any opinions on the problem would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting rather frustrated with the whole thing.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your sim work in another phone?

Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Annoyingly I didnt try that lol. However that is my next course of action as soon as my wife gets back from work so I can borrow her phone.
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest it does sound like its the phone and not the sim, but you will run up against someone who insists on doing it before they do anything else. Good luck dude

Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Try your o2 sim in another o2 phone. Send it back to Sony as to me it looks like either a hardware issue.

our members @viridis & @MI5 are knowledge Sony experts so they might be able to help more

Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies. I really hope it can be sorted out without sending it back to them for the 4th or 5th time I cant even remember. Been without my phone for nearly 2 months in total as its gone back and forth. 

But will try my sim in my wifes O2 phone first.

Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's been sent back that many times surely your allowed a replacement 

Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd think so wouldn't you.
Message 8 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Returned it via Sony's support site. Somewhere in Kent. Dont recognise Anovo from anything so dont think so
Message 10 of 39