Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card!

PW77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently changed to a rolling 30 day tarrif and was sent a new SIM card.

Now I have a couple if questions if any one can help?

1. Do I have to use the new SIM card as my current one is still working with the new tarrif?

2. My current SIM card is a micro SIM and the new one is a Nano SIM but no adapter was supplied even though it appears to be suggested that there should be one in the pack I received?

The sim, when you look at the credit card sized pack it came in would only detach to become nano sized and not have an outer edge that would make it able to be used in a phone that uses micro sized SIM cards.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If your tariff has changed in My O2 and your present sim card work then there is no need to change. The difference in sim cards affect a change of platform as P&G and monthly sims contain different settings. The other difference is that all new sims are 4G enabled so you may want to check your present sim.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If convenient I would pop into your local 02 shop and they will sim swap to the correct account specific SIM card for you.
Message 3 of 28

PW77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi to you both!

Jonsie: from a 12 month only SIM tarrif to a rolling 30 day SIM only tarrif.

Bandofbrothers: good idea, there is not one too far from me.
Message 4 of 28

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If your tariff has changed in My O2 and your present sim card work then there is no need to change. The difference in sim cards affect a change of platform as P&G and monthly sims contain different settings. The other difference is that all new sims are 4G enabled so you may want to check your present sim.

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

The sim adapters are generally ok but if they don't sit right then this can cause issues.

It's just best IMO to have the correct sized SIM card to begin with. slight_smile
Message 6 of 28

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I have a Nano sim and use R-Sim adapters so I can swap phones around (I do it often). I've never had a problem with the R-Sim adapters but some of the cheaper ones can give issues and get jammed in the phones sim tray......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue I've had is them not sitting right against the connectors which did affect.
Message 8 of 28

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah as I said it can happen, but I've not experienced it with the brand I use.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally prefer to have the correct sized sim and not use adaptors personal preference
Message 10 of 28