cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anybody having problems with signal in North Lowestoft . Having no signal most of time unless I in town centre . Texts delayed . I have tryed coverage checker which says it fine . Could it be something to do with amount of trees around thanks
Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

am fed up with paying for a service that is not fit for purpose

Complaints process is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried all of the generic solutions.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

And yes trees and structures can play a part.
Message 2 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
One of our members, adamtemp64, did a self check help guide, it can be found here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 30

AndreaP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The self-help is only good up to a point though. I've had no signal at home since the high winds (2 months now) and every time I check the service status it either says there are problems or the signal is fine but they are working on the masts.  I went into my local O2 shop as the person I spoke to on Live Chat said it was my SIM card but it wasn't...it's just a problem for the area local to me.  I was advised to use TuGo when at home but that's proving to be no good as it either doesn't ring or it rings and then the call cuts out. 

Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you locked into a contract ?
Message 5 of 30

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@AndreaP wrote:

The self-help is only good up to a point though.

Yes, clearly, we as customers, cannot fix mast issues.

We can only advise for some of the other 80% or so of issues we see on here.......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tugo use denotes contract yes but the op may be at or near to the end of said contract and then could PAC etc.
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am 1 month into 2 year contract so looks like I stuck with no signal at home unless I use tugo
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know it's easy to say now, but did you not check your signal before taking the contract out?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 30