cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal keeps dropping..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a problem with my signal dropping. I recently upgraded to a Sony Xperia Z1 on O2, and every day it drops signal, regardless of location. This can happen between 2 - 20 times a day, and it drops the signal for between 15 - 30 seconds every time. Having swapped my SIM twice, the problem was still occurring, so I spoke to Sony for a warranty repair last week. However, Since speaking to Sony, I have also picked up an iPhone 5S on Vodafone, and the same thing is happening on my Apple, albeit less frequently. Now since I have two different phones with two different OS', and on two different networks, I can now only assume this is a network fault. What is the cause of this? Is working on 4G causing this intermittent service failure, and if so shouldn't your customers be told?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You are assuming both networks will have the same fault at the same time....?
Anyway, planned maintenance is announced on the O2 status page, have you checked ?

It's more likely due the construction of the building you are in at the time, I would think.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can check here for ongoing work or breakdowns in your area:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Have you posted this in the Vodafone forum as well?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say its your location and building structure
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

If both your phones are losing signal regardless the location, maybe both handsets are faulty but who knows

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have read all your replies...

I'm in London, and the status page doesn't say anything ATM. Besides, signal in the capital should never haver issues really. Building structure is irrelevant, as it happens at home, at work, in the car, on the bus, on the train, walking through Oxford Street, etc.  I've swapped SIM cards, I've hard reset the Sony twice, and still it happens. I'm assuming network issues as it's gotta be very long odds that I've managed to get my mitts on two faulty handsets within a month on each other, and the most logical explanation to me is the 4G rollout intefering with it for some reason.

Maybe I should add, I'm on 3G for the Voda 5S, and 3G (H+) for the O2 Z1.

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Let us know when you figure it out.....
Maybe try a Three and EE SIM too see if they do it ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very strange
Message 10 of 15