cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Network Coverage in TS14

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a month now the, frankly atrocious, 'coverage' in Guisborough has been even worse giving sporadic drop outs and interesting texts taking up to four hours to arrive.  This, in addition to the fact that the area does not have access to 3G services despite 'half the world' now using 4G.  As usual we are subsidising the people receiving 4G signals.

IF, (notice the capital letters) the 2G service was reliable there might be some compensation in this situation but the reality is that the service is below standard.

'Customer Service' is of no help whatsoever, simply applying the standard platitudes to keep us in contract and being milked to support the 4G programme elsewhere in the country.  When questioned as to the potential roll out of 3G and reliable 2G service the answer is 'soon'.  I have been told 'soon' for over two years!  Please quantify 'soon'.

What is the difficulty in publishing their schedule of developement?  We would at least know where we stood.  

Ah, the rhetorical question.  We know why.  There is no immediate possibility of 3G here and O2 know that if that were to become public knowledge, customers would leave in droves as 3G is available from other network providers.

The response to poor 2G is that 'we are working on it'.  No hint of what the issue may be.  the fact that the mast is very isolated with respect to the area it 'serves' could be one factor.  No wonder the signal is poor - it has a long way to travel.  Poor thing, it is worn out by the time it gets to your handset.

I am a long term customer of O2, having used their network when it was 'CellNet', but my misplaced loyalty is being stretched to its limit.  I have a smart phone.  I should like to enjoy the smart phone services for which I pay a premium.  I do not expect to have to put up with intermittent, 1980's analogue style, dumb phone service.

I would have communicated this to O2 by text................................ but they would not have received it until tomorrow.

I know I am not alone.

Come on O2, come clean, tell the public the truth.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing we can add unfortunately.... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You aren't alone in wanting some form of indication as to the 4G roll out. Pleas have been met with stony silence and not even customer service seem aware as to any schedule. By 2017 is stamped all over the web pages but this isn't good enough for people stuck with a two year contract on a failing network.

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Utterly shambolic.

I fear the solution is a Network change. That too is fraught with issues.........
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had your current contract for?

I too experienced awful signal issues and after 3 months of no improvement i decided to file an offical complaint.

I argued that O2 were in breach of their own T's & C's (mainly section 2.2) by failing to provide a suitable level of service. After just a couple of emails, they offered to release me from my contract without financial penalty by returning my handset. They also gave me the option of keeping the handset and paying a hugely discounted termination fee.

My advise would be to follow suit and raise a complaint and explain how you feel they are in breach of their T's & C's. Request a notice of deadlock if you need to - essentially you shouldn't be paying for a service that the provider is not offering.

Message 5 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I Googled your postcode, and it looks like you're in a pretty remote area. Is that correct? Do any of the other networks give you better coverage or signal? If so, I'd think about switching. Loyalty means nothing any more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Every situation is different and they are under no obligation to release you, although O2 do seem to be more accommodating than the other networks in this respect.
Also remember the T&C's don't guarantee 100% coverage everywhere and that faults may occur which don't have to be fixed in a specified timescale, however, if the signal has always been poor in a particular area you shouldn't really have renewed any contracts and should have gone elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
'Nothing we can add'

Sounds just like O2......................................

🙂
Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
'Nothing we can add'

Sounds just like O2......................................

🙂

Meaning you have answered your own questions wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that remote, town of 20k....
Message 10 of 23