Did you mean: 

Sheisty sales tactics - Aerial Mobile

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Beware this company!

I have my O2 account preferences set for no marketing calls by phone. I was called today (number withheld) by someone claiming to be from Aerial (sp?) Mobile "On behalf of O2". He told me that my Simplicity contract had "expired" and that he could "renew it for me over the phone". ( It hasn't "expired", it's a rolling 30-day contract.)

I advised him that I always making a point of dealing with O2 directly - he then said something about working in parnership with O2 and asked me again whether I wanted to renew - told him that I did not want him to renew my contract and asked if the call was being recorded - the call was then dropped before I got an answer.

Called O2 c/s to complain about this and they acknowledged that I have opted out of marketing calls by phone. I asked the nice c/s lady if she could tell me who they were and she said she wasn't aware of any such partnership. I then asked her to note on my account that I had expressly forbidden Aerial to renew in case anything should appear from them. I asked how they got hold of my contact details, she said she was uncertain so I then asked her to note I regarded this was a data protection issue and for someone to investigate and get back to me.  

So is this company working for O2, if not then O2 leaked my contact and contract details. Let's see if I get an answer.

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 appear to be happy with the behaviour of their "Official Partners" as they have been awarded the accolade "Centre of Excellence", or this would not still be happening.

I believed they were for business contracts only.

When the complaints first started they seemed to be running from a lock-up shop somewhere in Portsmouth according to the online pictures.

Aerial-Large-web1.jpg

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@perksie and also now from a call center in gosport as aerial direct but all trading names of the company at the address in that photo.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received a call from these Aerial Direct clowns.

The caller, Daniel, was rude and pushy, and hung up the phone whenever I told him I wasn't interested.

His overall phone manner left me with the impression that it was a fraudulent call, but after some research, I discovered that incredibly, O2 are actually partnered with Aerial Direct!

O2, I do not want to rceive cold calls about my account from anyone that doesn't work for you directly, and I certainly don't want calls which leave me questioning the security of my account, and then resulting in me complaining on here!

Message 13 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just make sure he didn't sign you up to anything anyway - they don't understand "no" 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Love the name....'Aerial Direct Clowns'  :smileywink:(just about sums them up.... from all the other posts we see on here about this company) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fraudsters in my eyes