cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings and costs for calls etc from Australia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Sydney but visit UK each year, so I have a separate 'phone here in Oz (Nokia Lumia 800, UK model)with an O2 PAYG SIM card, that I want to keep active, ready for return visits to our daughter and family.

I am unclear about the 'phone settings I need and the best plan to do this --using data, SMS and a few calls to UK O2 numbers now and again. Do I need 'bolt-ons' etc?

I know I can read all the plan options but it gets confusing.

Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
Your best bet would be to keep the sim card topped up with credit only which will never expire and just make at least one chargeable phone call every 6 months to keep it active.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
Your best bet would be to keep the sim card topped up with credit only which will never expire and just make at least one chargeable phone call every 6 months to keep it active.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

O2 Unlimited ; A Tariff where you get some allowances and also keep your top up credit. http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 3 of 3