cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending phone back within 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, on Friday my Son received his upgrade (It's all in my name) to the iPhone 6 Plus, he has now said that he doesn't like the colour and said he has 14 days to return the phone as he isn't happy with it. 

Firstly, can you return a phone because you don't like the colour?

Secondly, it gets worse, I have noticed a slight dent in one of the corners of the phone and a slight graze on the side. Which he denies dropping it, but I can't think of any other way it could have happened.

What can I do as he is adamant he doesn't want it anymore and wants a silver one not a gold?! 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

MI5 wrote: To return a phone it must be as new so I think you will struggle here with this one tbh.
@jonsie wrote:

My thoughts too unfortunately.

We both said this in posts 2 & 3. From the OP's description, the damage is very noticeable. I doubt it would be something that O2 would overlook if the phone is returned.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its such a shame about their process, its should be an easy procedure...not to worry, as long as its from reciept of the phone thats better, as didn't want to wait the 2-3 weeks or 6-7 as its being banding about and then be out of my rights to change.

thanks for getting back to me guys.

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree the simpler a system works the better for the end user.
Message 23 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No worries mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any stipulations on this 14 days return policy by the way? Am I allowed to open and use the phone? as I know PC World wouldn't let my wife take her iPad back as she'd taken it out of the packaging? (She'd bought 1 week before they released the Lightning connector one)

Message 26 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes you are allowed to have used the phone though you will liable for any out of allowance charges.

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh great, thats good to hear then...I had a worrying feeling they'd try and wiggle out of it with rules and regs. Well, that is if I ever get my phone, lol! Still not had any updates like many of us I guess.

Message 28 of 28