cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending phone back within 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, on Friday my Son received his upgrade (It's all in my name) to the iPhone 6 Plus, he has now said that he doesn't like the colour and said he has 14 days to return the phone as he isn't happy with it. 

Firstly, can you return a phone because you don't like the colour?

Secondly, it gets worse, I have noticed a slight dent in one of the corners of the phone and a slight graze on the side. Which he denies dropping it, but I can't think of any other way it could have happened.

What can I do as he is adamant he doesn't want it anymore and wants a silver one not a gold?! 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your best option possibly. If there is very evident drop damage though be prepared for a refusal to accept it back. If your son is adamant that he hasn't dropped it then you will have to argue it out with them. If the damage is as evident as you say, I have to ask why it wasn't noticed on unboxing?

Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

I'm sure all will be ok.
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it was because he has actually dropped it but he won't admit it as he knows I will go mad. When the phone was delivered, I didn't even open the bag as I knew it was for him, he opened it, sorted it then yesterday gave it me back and said he didn't like the colour so I have no idea whether the damage was there when I bought it or not?!
Message 13 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A difficult situation to be in.

Good luck.
Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
To return a phone it must be as new so I think you will struggle here with this one tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm actually still in a similar struggle with an o2 manager at the moment, however I just want to change to the silver one instead of gold, my order still hasn't been dispatched but o2 are saying its impossible to just swap and i'll have to cancel that order and go right back to end of the queue, which I feel extremely unfair as i had been trying to pre order since 8am friday and finally got through at 4pm.

When does this 14 days actually start? when I recieve the phone or from the date of the order?

I've unforutnately not had the greatest customer care from either employee or manager, simply unwilling to help and being very blunt, they've obvisously got short fuses at the moment.

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
14 days from receipt of phone and unfortunately you are been informed of the correct process within O2 for changing an order. You have to cancel then reorder I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ufortunately that is the process as advised. You have to cancel then reorder.

The 14 days start upon receipt of the phone.

Message 20 of 28