cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second line declined

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am new to the forums and not sure this is in the right section?, but here goes, I was hoping for some advice, I have been with O2 for about 10years, always paying my bill ontime (direct debit) never missing a payment and always upgrading phones in O2 stores, in November last year I upgraded tona new iPhone 6 without any issue, I now would really like an iPad, having phoned them for advise I opted for an iPad Air with the data shared between my phone, all was great and I had to pay £40 upfront which was fine, then right at the end he said I had been declined!!! I was shocked and all he could say was email credit file referrals, I did this and got some automated response about sorry you've declined!, I am still unsure why 1-there's no loyalty(10 years without any payment problems) 2-why they would give me an iPhone 6 which is worth more? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's possible that they may allow an addition with a deposit up front. Email the credit referral team and see what they say.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

When it's declined there is no option for deposits or anything , the only thing they will let the OP know is ways of getting access to his credit report. He would have to be referred to have the deposit option.

If the credit report is "clean" and it's just due to a search done recently, in a few months it will go back to "normal" and the OP can try again.

Message 12 of 12