cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salt in the Wound

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi People!

I've had a shocker with my upgrade and I wondered if putting my story on here would help ease my mind.

I ordered a silver iPhone 6 64gb on 1st Oct, O2 said it would be dispatched in 14 days. 14 days later with no iPhone I asked O2 where the order was, they said due to high demand it would be another 7 working days but it is in stock. Fair enough, I'll wait. 7 Working days passed and still no phone so I contacted O2 again, they said it was out of stock and they didn't know when I would get the phone, at this time I checked on the O2 community and people who had been waiting since Sept still didn't have theirs, so feeling frustrated I saw that the Gold 64gb was in stock, so I called O2 and cancelled my upgrade, they said wait until next morning and I can re-upgrade and get my phone.

The next day it wasn't cancelled, O2 said without fail it will be cancelled the next day, It wasn't.

The next day it wasn't cancelled, O2 said without fail it will be cancelled the next day, It wasn't.

No Joke, this really happened, and it's now been a week and a half since then and it's still not cancelled!

To add insult to injury the silver 64gb is now back in stock so I would have had it by now if I hadn't cancelled the upgrade. This whole process has been a joke and I can't beleive O2 have been so lame. No-one at O2 knows what going on and god know how long it's going to be until I can upgrade!

If O2 were not the cheapest I would have left, good thing for them they are the cheapest, I wonder how much business they save on that basis?

Rant over.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@viridis I wonder if O2 could find themselves in a similar scenario to that which Tesco are currently ?

Deliberately not following customers instructions to preserve revenues could be described as fraud.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Possibly, some parts of the Tesco situation do ring a likeness to recent feedback on here.
Message 12 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Fraud squad involved now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29821061
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Fraud squad involved now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29821061

Yes, that was what I was referring to.

Deliberate deception in many ways is classed as fraud.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 14 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 15 of 21

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

My upgrade with O2 was easy enough to the iPhone 6 Plus but I did intially try and joing Vodafone and had this same problem. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, So I called O2 last night (Waited ages!) and gave the O2 person the whole story, which is getting boring now!

She went away for a while to check on my account and progress etc. When she came back I got a shock. She said "Right, this will probably annoy you, but our system is showing that your phone has already been delivered". I was lost for words, I mean, WHAT??? I got a simcard yes but not a phone! Plus nobody in this whole process has said this so far, why now?!?!?!

I have to say the girl (Amy) was very helpful though and she said that she would sort the mess out and get me the silver phone that originally wanted with the customer loyalty payment that I am owed. She called me back later in the evening to confirm this and she will call me this evening to let me know thier progress with sorting out the mess.

Finally I can see some light at the end of the tunnel but I won't consider any of this a success untill I have the new phone in my hand.

I'll keep you posted.

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
At least you have someone at O2 owning your problem now which is good news....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

That's progress and hope you get the promised call back this evening. Do keep us updated.

Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I didn't get the promised call back?! Why would they not call back, even if just to tell me that they are delayed in fixing the issue? Or send me an email, or text, or something!!

So rubbish. I would rather not call them back and speak to yet another O2 person, I would rather wait for the promised phone call.

I'll let you know what happens in the coming days.

Message 20 of 21