cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salt in the Wound

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi People!

I've had a shocker with my upgrade and I wondered if putting my story on here would help ease my mind.

I ordered a silver iPhone 6 64gb on 1st Oct, O2 said it would be dispatched in 14 days. 14 days later with no iPhone I asked O2 where the order was, they said due to high demand it would be another 7 working days but it is in stock. Fair enough, I'll wait. 7 Working days passed and still no phone so I contacted O2 again, they said it was out of stock and they didn't know when I would get the phone, at this time I checked on the O2 community and people who had been waiting since Sept still didn't have theirs, so feeling frustrated I saw that the Gold 64gb was in stock, so I called O2 and cancelled my upgrade, they said wait until next morning and I can re-upgrade and get my phone.

The next day it wasn't cancelled, O2 said without fail it will be cancelled the next day, It wasn't.

The next day it wasn't cancelled, O2 said without fail it will be cancelled the next day, It wasn't.

No Joke, this really happened, and it's now been a week and a half since then and it's still not cancelled!

To add insult to injury the silver 64gb is now back in stock so I would have had it by now if I hadn't cancelled the upgrade. This whole process has been a joke and I can't beleive O2 have been so lame. No-one at O2 knows what going on and god know how long it's going to be until I can upgrade!

If O2 were not the cheapest I would have left, good thing for them they are the cheapest, I wonder how much business they save on that basis?

Rant over.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Knew I'd need this today.

original.gif

Keep calling and the next time get the advisors name and tell them you want to stay on the line until you get email confirmation of the cancellation. 

Service has been below appalling recently.

Message 2 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sorry to say @Anonymous good rant but you need to get in the queue.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/td-p/703503

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Actually, just get them to send the original silver 64gb.
Since that order is still not cancelled they have to fulfill it.
Tell them on the phone, if the fail to deal with this swiftly, you will see it as a fraudulent attempt to deny you the loyalty reward payment that is due to you.
You cancel the order, you lose the payment which is why they prefer you do that.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent point, through doing this they are shafting me somewhat! I'm going to get on that straight away!!

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi KingPrawn84 and welcome to the forum.

Many were getting theirs from cpw or the Apple Store due to O2 struggling with demand outstripping supply.

Ok they couldn't get the refresh tariff but they got the phone.

Sorry to hear of your not so good experience.
Message 6 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No problem, remember to post any further updates in the thread @Bambino linked to.
Good luck
Message 7 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Things aren't getting any better are they. O2's reputation is nosediving rapidly.

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

How pathetic is all of this Smiley Surprised I am sure we are getting a feeling of deja vu....

So many people...so many problems...O2 taking your money and their attitude is.....Thanks...move on...next customer please....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Things aren't getting any better are they. O2's reputation is nosediving rapidly.

As I was saying last night,

They leave implications to cancel then reorder, 

But won't physically cancel the old order until they know they have the stock, even if they can drag it out for weeks.

When they cancel, new order goes in and is completed with amazing speed

In mean time. Customer (who actually has waited 5-6weeks) looses the loyalty reward.

Message 10 of 21