cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari mobile scammers!! Soc man

Anonymous
Not applicable
Read lots of reports on here and I tok have been charged £30 this weekend for clicking on a site by mistake. Only clicked on a couple of questions to then receive a text saying that I was going to be charged £30!! O2 currently investigating ...how do these people get away with this!!!
Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Incidentally I have been given this link to post for the OP of the thread for future reference. Web Of Trust is a very useful extension for all browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc. If you don't see a green circle next to the link, don't click on it.  I am sure the llink will be of benefit to may others also

https://extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.wotservicesoy.wot-FF6WW26HL3

(Credit to @Bambino )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If this is a scam @Anonymous  then you need to report it to phonepayplus

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx

However you do say you clicked on the links so I don't think O2 will consider themselves liable

As you say it's appalling that these people can get away with these scams slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 39

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

These scams are all too easy for the fraudsters I'm afraid and unfortunately they are not illegal. They should be in my opinion but if not, there should be a sign up process in order to subscribe rather than accidentally clicking on a link.

Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fact that I received no prior warning just some stupid questions idle the most annoying. I was once burnt before but thankfully IT was only £3 and I managed to get that back so I'm always extremely careful now what I click on. As I was on a Facebook link I thought I was safe!!
Message 4 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

A FB link? Wow that's even more annoying. I shall be doubly careful now ....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Links on FB are no safer than any others.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a simple rule - I never click on anything that I am not 100% sure what it is, and never links in unsolicited emails, texts or from other sources. Life's a bit boring as a result, but I never get hit by these sort of scams.

Message 7 of 39

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I don't trust anything link wise on fb 😞 sadly it's the go to place for a shed load of scammers.!! Hope u sort it out pronto though..

C.
Message 8 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I don't use FB that much and never click on links either. I was making the point ie 'is anything safe'? I think we all know the answer....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Incidentally I have been given this link to post for the OP of the thread for future reference. Web Of Trust is a very useful extension for all browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc. If you don't see a green circle next to the link, don't click on it.  I am sure the llink will be of benefit to may others also

https://extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.wotservicesoy.wot-FF6WW26HL3

(Credit to @Bambino )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 39