cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL waiting for iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, almost three weeks ago, I was cold-called by an 02 agent trying to sell me an iPad.  The deal offered sounded decent so I decided to go for it - but what follows is a very disappointing tale of customer service. 

After a problem with the first order, because the agent had entered username incorrectly, I had to re-order. I was told I could have the iPad within 24 hours. Great, I thought! I accepted T&Cs and arranged to pick up at my local O2 store. I was told I would get an SMS when it was ready for collection. 

To cut a long story short... I have spent over two weeks getting various different stories from customer service both on live chat and 202 about the iPads being in and out of stock. They keep promising delivery dates only for them to not materialise. I am really, really disappointed. 

Questions.. 

1) Is it legal to sell items you don't have in stock and can't confirm when you will get? Surely that's mis-selling?

2) How can O2 say iPads are not in stock yet advertise them as being available on website?

3) When might I get my iPAD?!

Looking for answers... 

B

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hi Bruce, sorry but we don't have any answers, other than to say that you aren't the only one in this situation.
Every preorder just recently has brought the same posts from hundreds of customers.
All you can do with O2 is file a complaint and if that doesn't work you would need to pursue things through different legal channels.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

This is frustrating but an all too common tale unfortunately...

Many people on here have posted the same sort of thing about ordering...Goods showing in stock...money being paid....then suddenly these items are no longer in stock...and the long wait begins...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

It does seem that demand has outstripped o2's supply which has happened with both the iPad Air and now the iPad Air 2 😔

Addressing the issue by the complaint link provided which normally takes approx 28 days to be addressed, or by ringing O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus is your option and may yield a Goodwill gesture ,or we have seen when a customer has made their disappointment clear the device has been delivered closely after !

I'm not sure what the Carphone Warehouse or if you have an Apple Store local ,but both seem to typically have them in stock ,but cannot offer the Refresh Tariff.

Just another avenue to explore.

I hope you get your unit soon and would you keep us in the loop.
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yet another O2 mess... hope you get it soon but making a complaint sometimes brings a quicker delivery.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks folks - have called and tried to complain but they keep saying they can't do anything until stock comes in. Very sick of "customer service" who clearly just stick to a script and don't seem interested in helping.  O2 system also seems inflexible - they can't upgrade it or change to another model or anything... I am a long-time o2 customer (+10 years) with two contracts in our household.  However, this may be the final straw. Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't actively called ME and sold me the iPad. 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for re posting.

At least they should now have your dissatisfaction on your account notes which should help when you get the device.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't actively called ME and sold me the iPad. 

Incredible !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8