cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS issues!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I’m after some advise on a rather strange issue. I’ve had the issue for sometime where I am unable to send SMS’s to my Girlfriend. She can text me and receive them, but the one’s I send are not received. (Any delivery reports confirm text gets sent but like I say nothing received).

I’m with o2 (always has been) The interesting part is, She has recently changed network and I could text her on her temp number, but after her number transferred from Vodafone to EE I’m back to square one, Same senerio.

I have an S5, had iphone previously and changing phones did not resolve issue, She had a S4 now an iphone also a change of network, still the same issue.

We’ve checked to see if I’ve been added to a block list on.

Really confused, any tips or advise would be great

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does she have your number saved as an iPhone number still?
If so, ask her to change it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can find out and ask her to change if if needs be? But would this have caused the issue when she had an android?
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No shouldn't have done, but it is possible that she had your number blocked on the old phone? It's easily done and Samsungs have separate block lists for calls and texts so both would need checking.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the block list is tagged to the number rather than the phone? And this carried over when changing network?

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've never known it to carry over from phone to phone. Are you contract. If so try Tugo because it overrides any blocks on a phone. If it's ok then it's definitely some problem with having blocked you previously. Has she tried using in the international format +44?

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, just handset based block as far as I know?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7