O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
andaryfaysal

SIM card registration failed

I bought a new O2 prepaid SIM card yesterday, and when I insert it in my phone it says "SIM card registration failed" then there is no network coverage.
is there anything I can do to register this card?
Note: my phone is an old Nokia 3410
Fays
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 24

Re: SIM card registration failed

Have you topped up?
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
andaryfaysal

I tried but wasn't able to do so. It tells me: "No network coverage" every time i try to top up
Fays
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

DON'T top it up, Dave is thinking that activating the account by topping up will register the card on the network but it doesn't. When you get a pay and go card, you should see a signal and be able to call the top up line but NOT receive calls until you top up.
In your case the card isn't registering on the network which means its either expired or there is a fault.
So what you need to do is check the date on the card. This is the date by which it needs to be activated. Contact O2 and explain the situation. Either call from another line or email them (see the booklet with the SIM)
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 24

Sorry. Long time since I got a PAYG Sim
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.