cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 back

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my old phone back it gonna cost 140 quid to repair is it worth it . As my phone plan has 285 quid left on it might as well put it towards that and get a newer phone . Any advice or opinion would be welcome thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

If you get the phone repaired the recycle value is only £145 from O2 and maybe a little more from CEX or selling it on fleabay etc.

Ask yourself whether you would be happy to finish your contract using thye S4 and upgrading as normal at the end of your minimem term or whether you want one of the latest phones.

I'm afraid that's a decision you will have to make.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Who has quoted you that? Maybe an independent phone shop would be cheaper
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to say I am on O2 refresh
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is wrong with the phone it may be something an independent repair shop could repair for less
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It needs a new digitiser and new screen
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have a look round at a few local independent repair shops for a price mate to be honest
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you've already had an adventure with having to return a phone please do make a short list of phones your interested in and then whittle them down by looking at reviews on YouTube and hitting the high street.

Regarding repairing your old phone only you can make that call.

It wouldn't be my avenue of choice due to cost and return value. I would pay off the handset plan and choose an upgrade. slight_smile

Let us know what you decide to do.
Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
Have a look on ebay for the screen and digitizer and swap it over yourself.
If you get the whole front section of the phone it's only a few small screws to change the parts over.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did that with an iPhone 3GS before worked great afterwards I would certainly follow that advice if you can
Message 10 of 10