cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal & phone upgrade, with a problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm due an upgrade today, or perhaps it was even yesterday, but my "disconnected" (what?) bill page doesn't have an upgrade button like I remember it having when I got this phone & tariff, and the upgrade-checking page simply tells me:

• We're sorry, you don't seem to have any accounts to upgrade.

I'm pretty darn sure I do as you're apparently able to upgrade a month before the end of your contract. I've looked at O2 refresh but all the options want me to either pay upfront for a phone or pay ontop of the monthly cost, meaning I can't have the same tariff I'm currently on which is roughly £10. I texted 21602 which tells me I'm eligible to a fast track upgrade to O2 refresh, call or visit a store, but why am I no longer able to do it on the website? It'd be much quicker for me and I'd actually be able to choose EXACTLY what I want without someone constantly telling me about all the boltons I can get.

So it appears that if I stay with O2 I'll be forced to go for an overpriced tariff with a barely half-decent upgrade of a phone. Is it worth me sticking around?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Give them tomorrow on 202 free from your mobile and find out what's wrong with your online account.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe your details have to be updated on the account

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a week since I phoned them, when I was told over the phone that it would take less than a week to sort this out. I still can't upgrade or renew, no one has been in touch to explain anything further and when I've phoned them I get the same "Oh we'll sort that out soon for you" crap.

Think I'm about done with O2, no customer loyalty anymore, just shoving iPhones in your face all the time. So long!

Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi jasperthecat,

Sorry to hear you haven't been contacted. Send me a PM if you would like and I'll see what I can do.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 5