cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove settled 'Default' on credit file from O2, from 3 years ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All.

My partner had an old O2 contract from several years ago.

She had a few issues with her account and ended up having a Default placed on her credit file from O2.

This Default and debt was eventually sorted and paid in full 3 years ago an dwe thought nothing else of it.

We have now come to apply for a mortgage and this default is still on her account (albeit 'Settled').

But as the default is still shown, we now cannot continue with our mortgage application.

We are hoping to get in touch with the correct team at O2 so we can sort this Default out and hopefully have it removed.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for who can help us with this issue?

Regards

Adam.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let me know how you have got on with getting the default removed.  I am in a very similar situation , O2 defaulted me for £6 last year, i was never told i would receive a default from them, by chance i actually noticed they had put a defualt on my credit file the same week that i checked it and immediately paid the £6 which i did not know was owing.

I tried and tried, multiple emails to various departments at O2 to get this removed, i found the staff very unhelpfull, not interested one bit in the fact that it was stopping me getting a mortgage and in the end i had to settle for a no, therefore i will still have the default on my file for 5 more years all for £6 and therefore no mortgage.

Message 11 of 15

ConradSimpson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just noticed that O2 have defaulted me also. Crazily it's because I changed my payment date ( due to salary date changing) its most unfair given I've been a customer for 6 years with a faultless payment history. Anyone from O2 care to comment or engage with me to sort this out? By way of background my bill this month is £300 so I would say I am a good customer - over to you o2
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

@ConradSimpson wrote:
I've just noticed that O2 have defaulted me also. Crazily it's because I changed my payment date ( due to salary date changing) its most unfair given I've been a customer for 6 years with a faultless payment history. Anyone from O2 care to comment or engage with me to sort this out? By way of background my bill this month is £300 so I would say I am a good customer - over to you o2

This is not the place for that kind of discussion - This is a customer forum.

You will need to call 202 and discuss with CS.

Welcome & good luck wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Hope they can sort it out for you. Plenty of information available in this thread and similar threads but as customers ourselves we can only advise you to call O2.

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Having dealt with similar enquiries as the ones presented in this thread, its pretty unlikely that O2 would remove a valid default from a credit file. Their credit referrals team handle all of these enquries and they are only contactable by email - creditfilereferrals@o2.com.

They are very, very strict on it.  Generally, the only reason they would ask the credit referencing agencies to remove defaults is if O2 had placed the default in error (for example where money wasn't owed) - and there would have to be evidence.. If defaults become 'settled' they will have the credit referencing agencies update to confirm settled, but wouldn't normally ask them to be removed.

Message 15 of 15