cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering a pay as you go sim to existing pay monthly my O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys
I recently bought my daughter a pay as you go sim so she can use while she's away at uni.
I did not register the sim and would like to know how I can add that into my existing my O2 account which is a pay monthly account. Is this possible? and do I need any info from the sim from her to register it
Thank you
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that sounds about right should hopefully be ok. Can I just too up with £20 for it to change or do I call CS

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You only need to register it if you want to top up through your account. You can buy vouchers or top up at an ATM without registering it.
If you want to add it to your account you just need to use the "Link Account" option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some banking apps do allow topping up of payg account too which may be a help if yours does.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both I wanted to be able to change her tariffs too she's useless honestly with phones. I usually top it up with a voucher but she's starting to use a lot of data too so I wanted a better data tarrif too
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on the big bundle £20 option that gives 2gb of data.

Of course theirs data bolt on's you can add too.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can just call CS or use live chat to change tariff....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that didn't think of that I'll try that I'll let you know how I get on
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that sounds about right should hopefully be ok. Can I just too up with £20 for it to change or do I call CS
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"Or top up with £20 and you'll get 2GB of 4G data, 400 minutes and 4000 texts."

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14