cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurb handset on Refresh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I sign up for a refurb handset on refresh (24 months) what happens if there is a problem with the handset after the initial 12 months warranty?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As far as I'm aware refurbished only have a 6 month warranty but having said that I've never bought one. I'm sure someone will come all to correct me....

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
3 months for refurbs or the balance of manufacturers warranty, so you will likely be covered for the best part of your contract if you choose an android or windows phone. Apple only ever give 12 month warranties but you can purchase Apple care separately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Android warranties on refurbs are 12 month if purchased on a refresh plan.... Apple devices vary from the "not worth the risk" 3 month, to the "let's be competitive" 12 month...
Each warranty period is listed in the first description in each device.
3 months lmfao
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I worry that a major manufacturer has so little faith in their product that they give a laughable warranty....yes apple I'm pointing the finger at you!

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
A question to anyone that knows. Why does a refurb have a lower warranty when its essentially got new parts in & almost looks brand new
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Warranty starts from the day the phone is first turned on and the info is logged on the phone and cannot be changed.
Refurb phones will have been returned items from customers who changed their minds or who found a fault within the first month so would have been turned on already.
A warranty for refurbs is the balance of manufacturers warranty (taken from the phone details) or 3 (whatever) months given by O2 whichever is the longest, so in theory, you could still have 23 months warranty on a refurb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very informative this thread

imho @MI5 you've got a Big Brain & an Excellent Memory Hero

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If only it contained anything useful Jane wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14