Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So..was just wondering..if you have a contract..can you use another sim free phone and just swap your sim into it and carry on with your contract..or do you have to pay off your device plan first? X

giphy-3
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
given the comment from @jonsie (and the response) it would certainly seem so!!

It seems @Cairdeas is determined to get this phone...one way or another Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 44

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
given the comment from @jonsie (and the response) it would certainly seem so!!

Cheeky Smiley Very Happy

And @Cleoriff..I will get it..only a matter of time wink x

giphy-3
Message 32 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Do I need to set my watch @Cairdeas? Seriously.. it does look a very very nice phone wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 44

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Do I need to set my watch @Cairdeas? Seriously.. it does look a very very nice phone wink

Lol maybeSmiley Very Happy 

It is indeed. Will probably buy it straight from HTC when the time comes tongue x

giphy-3
Message 34 of 44

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
trust me, if I had the resources to chop and change I would probably go through about 4 phones a year!!
you could always sell the edge to (part) fund the HTC... or even look at a trade in?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 35 of 44

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
trust me, if I had the resources to chop and change I would probably go through about 4 phones a year!!
you could always sell the edge to (part) fund the HTC... or even look at a trade in?

My problem is I'm a big softie and always agree to give my old one to a family member . My aunt wants my Edge. She will give me something tho..every bit helps lol x

giphy-3
Message 36 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's funny though...I am dreading giving up my Note 3. (It must be an age thing) I love it and through trial and error, know how it functions ...well the bits I want to know. tongue

Now if it was medical technology... I would pick that up immediately. A whole different ball game. Mobile phones? Nah.... I happily remain a 'bit of a twit'  ....I just remember what I was like 4 years ago when I was dragged (kicking and screaming) into the wonderful world of smartphones...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 44

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's funny though...I am dreading giving up my Note 3. (It must be an age thing) I love it and through trial and error, know how it functions ...well the bits I want to know. tongue

Now if it was medical technology... I would pick that up immediately. A whole different ball game. Mobile phones? Nah.... I happily remain a 'bit of a twit'  ....I just remember what I was like 4 years ago when I was dragged (kicking and screaming) into the wonderful world of smartphones...LOL

Lol..it is nice when you love a phone tho. I'm fickle if a phone plays up. Smiley Very Happy Never had that tho with HTC and manage to keep them for most the contract lol x

giphy-3
Message 38 of 44

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

My problem is I'm a big softie and always agree to give my old one to a family member . My aunt wants my Edge. She will give me something tho..every bit helps lol x

At least you get something back - I know others just have to hand it over...

@Cleoriff wrote:

It is always a nightmare to change once you have something exactly how you want it and you know where everything is.

I suppose I have been "lucky" in that respect as each time I am due an upgrade I need to do one - my Sensation started dropping calls about 3 weeks before I was due, the Z1 was out of memory (internal) and was starting to fall apart (my fault, kept dropping it).

Although I am terrible for new toys/gadgets and am always looking for something new or exciting. Just missing the funds to go with the itch!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 44

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cairdeas wrote:

At least you get something back - I know others just have to hand it over...

Normally I do just hand it over..my aunt is the only one who insists on giving me something.  It's not a lot..but it makes her feel better lol x

giphy-3
Message 40 of 44