cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching end of Contract (horaay) confusing advise on cancelling service.

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

One of my three O2 Contracts ends in March 2015 (bring on the brass band).

Today I contacted chat to get the exact proceedure for cancelling this contract and I have never received such a confusing  and contradictatory set of instructions in my life!!.

Have printed them off  for possible future reference, but can anyone please give me the correct actions to take to be out of debt and no longer associated with O2 on this account from 10th March 2015.

Already in the process of taking o2 to Court on another account, then one more account and I am outa here forever.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to provide the network with a minumum 30 days notice for cancellation; either verbally or in writing

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to provide the network with a minumum 30 days notice for cancellation; either verbally or in writing

Message 2 of 14

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well yes, as I thought but not so.

My choices offered during chat:

and I quote:::::

If you wish to service 30 days notice you can simply go for this as on contract end date

or You can take pac code if you wish to move the same number with another service provider.

Me:: Then I would be expected to pay another month to 10th April which is exactly what I am trying to avoid

Him:    Yes, that's correct!!!!!!

You need to contact us as on 10th april if you wish to serve 30 days notice with us then your contract ends as on 10th March.

Him;;; Shall I connect you now with our cancellation team - Your early termination fee will be around or approximately 27.02.   That is the fee if you wish to cancel today.

I could go on

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well the procedure is to give O2 30 days notice before your contract ends. ...It should then end 30 days later but as you pay a month in arrears you will get your final bill  after that.

OR you could request your Pac code and take your phone to a new network...which will stop your contract with O2 once you activate in new network. You will still need to pay a final bill with O2 though which is why we ask to leave direct debits in place until final bill is paid

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your contract end date is indeed the 10th March, then ring in advising of your cancellation around the 6th Feb.

It sounds like the Livechat rep is getting confused on their months'. Essentially, a minimum 30 days notice needs to been given PRIOR to the contract end date!

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just be aware that if you ring more than 30 days in advance some advisors may trek you to ring back on our after 8th Feb wish is 30 days.

Just saying. ...... It has happened before
Message 7 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Are you moving your number to another network?
If so, just get your PAC and use it early March. You will be charged another month (because that's how the accounting system works) but as you won't be using it O2 will refund you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the replies, why is it so unnecessarily complicated.   If for any reason I am late with a payment O2 (and other companies like Sky) are very quick - hours to shut off your service, yet they cannot accept a simple 30 days notice - they insist you pay in advance for something you will not be using so that they can get their hands on your hard earned cash and then take several days to make a refund, how is that 'simple'?

Reading through the above it is still extremely confusing.   If I still have to pay in advance even after giving 30 days notice that is just plain ridiculous and very bad business practice - 'thats' the way the system works' just does not cut it for me - the system is wrong and should be challenged.

Why oh why are things just so more complicated than they need to be?

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The main reason you pay in advance is that many customers make chargeable use of their phone during the 30 days. Not all but many.

When you have 24 million customers you need to have a system. It isn't perfect by any degree but every company has its system. It is I'm afraid the way it is.

Life would be so much easier if every company had the same system but that is unlikely and probably wouldn't work.
Message 10 of 14