cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper perks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are O2 thinking of introducing any decent perks for their customers?

For example, Vodafone offer free Spotify Premium for the term of the contract, adding a great deal of value to their service. In comparison, O2 have Sun Goals, which is rubbish! I've been with O2 for many years, and have only used the buy tickets in advance thing once. I'm serioulsy thinking of moving to Vodafone when my contract expires, as the Spoitfy deal adds a great deal of value to their contract, whereas I don't really get anything with O2.

I think O2 really need to do something to show their customers that they are worth something to them.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of something that will add value to the service, rather than something that seldom gets used. Spotify is a great idea as most people enjoy listening to music, it's something that is done on the phone, yet can be used on other devices too (PC, Smart TV, AV amplifier ect) so for me it would have to be something like that. Obviously Spotify is out of the question, unless a better deal was done compared to Vodafones...don't know what...its not like O2 have music venues all over the country they could advertise Spotify in wink

I like the idea of 2 years free of xbox live or PSN, but I don't think it would reach enough people. To me it's like the Sun Goals thing, if you don't play games (or like football with Sun Goals) it's adding nothing. Also, you can get 12 Months of XBox live for about £20-26 if you know where to look, I have for the last 2 years.

Perhaps something like a free Netflix Premium subscription, which is cheaper than the Spotify service given away by Vodafone. A lot of people enjoy watching TV/Movies, it's something that can be used on mobile devices, as well as other devices. It's device, gender, age neutral, so will appeal to a wide range of people.

That would be my suggestion, free Netflix Premium subscription for the duration of the contract.

Message 21 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Some great suggestions there. I shall let the rest of the team know so do keep them coming should you think of any. Thanks to all others' suggestions too slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll second Netflix too - great idea slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Oooh thirding the Netflix idea, I'm paying for it atm so it'd be a great freebie for me!!
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option would be Amazon Prime, similar to Netflix and free express delivery from Amazon.

Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Another option would be Amazon Prime, similar to Netflix and free express delivery from Amazon.

As I am already a Prime customer and use Amazon a lot, I would like that...a lot...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26