Did you mean: 

Problem with TopUp

wired4sound
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

For the past few days now, I've been trying to top up on Pay & Go from my mobile phone, but all I get is an error message stating that my card details are invalid. I've checked my balance online, and it states that my credit is too low to enable me to top up. This is the first time I've encountered such a problem. Hope someone can help, please.

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wired4sound
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

wired4sound wrote:

Thanks for your response. I have considered using an ATM machine, but thought I'd probably get the same result. as all the other methods. Hadn't thought of the voucher, and I'm afraid I'd contact CS as a last resort, simply 'cause I hate speaking to anyone other than friends and family on the phone.

Thanks again for taking the time reply.

Thing is @wired4sound  it is only CS who can tell you why your card is creating problems and rectify any fault. If you have to top up every month then I am sure you prefer the card method? wink

Thing is @wired4sound it is only CS who can tell you why your card is creating problems and rectify any fault. If you have to top up every month then I am sure you prefer the card method? wink

Sorry for the late response, but I've only just found your message (I neglected to tick the box to notify me when a response was made).

Anyway, yes, I know you're right when you say that CS is the only way I could resolve this problem. However, it seems that this particular problem lay with my bank. I received a letter from the Fraud Section requesting me to phone them and confirm some recent transactions, which turned out to be several withdrawals of £10.00. Thankfully, I've now got this sorted and am told that the transactions didn't actually go through. Obviously it was some technical error on their part and had registered incorrectly. It never occurred to me when I called the adviser, to ask what causes the problem. I think I was so tense making the call, and all I wanted to do was to get everything straight and was relieved to know that all those attempts didn’t result in huge amounts being withdrawn from my account! :-0 Hope I don’t have any problems topping up in future!? 😕

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You could use a voucher from a newsagent or corner shop or a ATM machine.
Alternatively give CS a call to assist you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @wired4sound 

I havent heard of this before but if I were you I would contact CS by ringing 4445 and check with them.

You will be able to top up via this route as well..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

wired4sound
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your response. I have considered using an ATM machine, but thought I'd probably get the same result. as all the other methods. Hadn't thought of the voucher, and I'm afraid I'd contact CS as a last resort, simply 'cause I hate speaking to anyone other than friends and family on the phone.

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@wired4sound wrote:

Thing is @wired4sound  it is only CS who can tell you why your card is creating problems and rectify any fault. If you have to top up every month then I am sure you prefer the card method? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

wired4sound
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

wired4sound wrote:

Thing is @wired4sound it is only CS who can tell you why your card is creating problems and rectify any fault. If you have to top up every month then I am sure you prefer the card method? wink

Sorry for the late response, but I've only just found your message (I neglected to tick the box to notify me when a response was made).

Anyway, yes, I know you're right when you say that CS is the only way I could resolve this problem. However, it seems that this particular problem lay with my bank. I received a letter from the Fraud Section requesting me to phone them and confirm some recent transactions, which turned out to be several withdrawals of £10.00. Thankfully, I've now got this sorted and am told that the transactions didn't actually go through. Obviously it was some technical error on their part and had registered incorrectly. It never occurred to me when I called the adviser, to ask what causes the problem. I think I was so tense making the call, and all I wanted to do was to get everything straight and was relieved to know that all those attempts didn’t result in huge amounts being withdrawn from my account! :-0 Hope I don’t have any problems topping up in future!? 😕

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. 🙂

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

A big relief for you and I'm glad you got it sorted. Thanks for coming back and updating slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know. Hope all works out in future wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8