cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefer truth not waffle!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to accumulate an extra £10 on my standard bill, basically for something that is not quite clear.

My Nokia 920 (or me using my N920) managed to send 11 mms messages at the same time to the following, and NO I do not have any groups set up anywhere in my contact list.

a) 4 messages which were pictures changed to emails.

b) 2 messages to people who are in my contact list

c) 1 message to my own mobile number

d) the remainder to numbers NOT in my contact list.

Having put the following to CS there was nothing but waffle.

a) regardless, emails and attachments are free, they come from either my data allowance or utilise wifi

b) one of the two bods still has the message it consists of the word "ok" and a smiley face (so graphic faces are chargable-good to know)

c) don't know how i managed to send myself something never mind get charged for it.

d) why on earth would I send messages to people who I dont know and are not in my contact list?

It has also been suggested that sending a particularly long text gets it transformed into an mms and elicits a charge. So much for FREE texts, and NO I have NEVER been notified anywhere anytime that thats what would happen - sneaky O2!

Anyone care to suggest what happened?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As the account holder you are responsible for managing it.

Myo2 is their to help you keep a check on your usage.

Perhaps speak to O2 on 202 now to discuss options.

They may be able to increase your minutes but expect a tariff price change. Look in your myo2 to see what's available in options for you.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add unless you are near your contract end you are unable to leave your current contract unless you pay off the contract which is the tariff amount x the amount of months left minus any bolt ons.

O2 on 202 can give you the exact amount.

Please don't consider just not paying or you could end up chasing calls from O2 followed with debt collectors and a probable default on your credit file which could stay in there for 6 years even after you pay it off. Resulting in problems obtaining credit in the future ref mortgages , bank accounts, credit cards and mobile phone contracts etc.
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Leaving will not clear your debt either. You still have the responsibility to pay it i'm afraid....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depending on the type of handset you have, many give you a meter on them so you can see how many minutes you have used. Assuming your bill is for minutes only (ie no data, texts or mms) then you will have used around 200 minutes over your allowance. On a 300 minute tariff it is fair to assume you should have known really.

Your best bet would be to call o2 customer services and see if you can spread the bill over a couple of payments. They may agree to do so as a goodwill gesture but they are under no obligation to do so. The responsibility of managing your tariff is down to the account holder I'm afraid.

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear but you have used the service therefore o2 are quite within their rights to charge you.

If this is likely to occur again I would recommend you discuss an increase in your tariff allowances although this will mean your monthly bill increases.
Message 14 of 14