cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal in the area, O2 aware but not doing anything

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, at my home postcode in CH8, the O2 network is very poor. The coverage map shows strong indoor 2G and variable 3G indoor. My phone often displayes adequate GPRS and EDGE signal indoors, and occasional 3G (although this doesnt last long). However, on 2G, calls are of extremely low quality to the point where I cant hear the other person and they can't hear me, with lots of noise on the line. Calls often drop or fail to connect. Another poing is that signal will be strong, yet periodically drop to no service around 5 times a day.I have spoken to O2 on numerous occasions, and have been told that they have had a lot of complaints about it from people in the area, yet all is apparently "fine" and theres little they can do besides using TuGo at home (not ideal but better than nothing). 

I switched to O2 after having poor signal in uni with Orange, and now im back home for the summer and O2 signal is awful. Orange kindly put me on a cheaper tarrif which allowed me to afford an early termination fee to cancel. 

It's really irritating to not be able to call anyone at home

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with O2 about a similar problem? I feel like i'm getting nowhere 😞

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the O2 Community - we are all O2 customers here, rather than O2 staff.  As regrads signal there are very many complaints from users all over the UK and there is not a great deal that can be done.  Some of the other members will I am sure offer some advice but as you have already been in touch with O2 I think it may be best to wait and see what improvement there may be over the next week or so.  If things don't improve then it would be a matter of considering moving to another network if there is one offering better service or approaching O2 again for a more definite resposne as to when you are likely to get the sort of service you were expecting when you signed up.

Please stay in touch with the Communtity and let us know how things progress.

Gerry

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up after discussing with O2. I have been told they have been working on the masts and should see an improvement. The my network app has told me they have been working on it in the past but i've never seen an improvement. I guess i'll see how it goes in the next few days. I would still aprreciate any contribution on best dealing with O2 about it all

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Mast congestion has been playing a large part in a lot of areas in the Uk going from the amount of posts.

People not in contract can move networks but it's advised to try Payg SIM cards to get a true representation of true signal.

Network future by 2017 http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

As work is being carried out I would keep checking until it says good and then reboot your phone and see if any improvements exist.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the O2 Community - we are all O2 customers here, rather than O2 staff.  As regrads signal there are very many complaints from users all over the UK and there is not a great deal that can be done.  Some of the other members will I am sure offer some advice but as you have already been in touch with O2 I think it may be best to wait and see what improvement there may be over the next week or so.  If things don't improve then it would be a matter of considering moving to another network if there is one offering better service or approaching O2 again for a more definite resposne as to when you are likely to get the sort of service you were expecting when you signed up.

Please stay in touch with the Communtity and let us know how things progress.

Gerry

Message 4 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Assuming you have WiFi for data switch your phone to 2g only (GSM) as it should help to stabilise your signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate the welcome and help! Thanks
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was advised to see how it is and then get in contact with them in the next few days. I'll be sure to post any updates. Thanks
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very welcome. slight_smile
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5: I have a 5C and such only have an enable LTE switch so I can't switch to 2G only 😕 Although I am almost always on 2G as the 3G is weak here, yet I still have poor service.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the iPhone 5s and have the same toggles.

O2 are slowly re introducing the 3G off toggle and I'm hoping this is re introduced for iPhone users.
Message 10 of 18