cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Phone Service , Drop signals and drop calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are family of four and using o2 phone service from long time but struggling with it from last couple of months. We have tried everything in our power to diagnose and resolve the issue without any success.  Our nature of jobs demands to have flawless service and 24/7 availability. We are having huge amount of drop calls i.e calls dropping during the conversation, phones not ringing at all and getting missed call message, can't make call, failed call message on dialling. Our children are using o2 number too and walking from school to home everyday . They find it very difficult to call if they need it. 

So far we have done following measures to resolve it. 

- contacted Apple Store to find out if phone have issue, they have confirmed that There is no issue with phone and all four phone can't have issue at same time 
- changed one of the phone and bought new s6 Samsung but situation with o2 signals stayed same poor one bar or no service inside home. 
- from last 3 days talking to o2 customer service /engineers to diagnose the issue, they disconnected phone , reconnected after 48 hours. Situation remains same. 
- tried using ee and all the phones works brilliantly. no issue at all. 
- phones are unlocked to all the networks, it seems the issue resides with o2. 
- try using tugo but it have own issues. It may be good to make call but hard to pickup calls. 

We can't take this any more. O2 is really going down with regard to service and whole process where you cant talk to anyone except few call logger customer agents. O2 should not offer services to any such area where they cant offer their services properly. Sent complaint
complaintreviewservice
 and received automatic reply that they will contact in 7 days.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous it seems the only route left to you via O2 is to complain..

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Then you need to change networks. Maybe you will be allowed to leave without penalty (if you follow the complaints route)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Cleoriff , That will be my next step , I am testing ee pay as go and have no issue with signals. Well I think they cant ask me to pay money for serivce which they cant offer in my area. They should pay us back what we have paid them so far. Let See. 

Message 3 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck. ...You can only try this and see what they say. You could also Google the CEO's email address and write to him as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No mobile network will guarantee you a flawless service 24/7 so bear that in mind.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Is this another case of 4g upgrades affecting other local areas.

I have proved that my issues locally are due to another mast being upgraded to 4g and that the phones are trying to connect to the fastest network and not the strongest voice signal.

Have you tried to force all the phones to use 2g only ? And no data?

This at least got my signal back (in the pub)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think @adamtemp64 may be right. If all phones are doing it then its a mast issue & likely an upgrade.

Is there any friends or family in the immediate area on o2 experiencing the same as you

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of you replies and suggestion. I’m still waiting for O2 complaints to contact me , They have not replied to my email yet . BUT surprisingly I received a letter from O2 by post that stating my credit agreement detail and voluntary payment etc.

I have asked few peoples in MK area and most of o2 customer having same issue. Few of them received O2 wifi booster to resolve the issue.

Really surprised by their tactics. I know it may not make difference to O2 but I’m about to right to Ofcom and O2 CEO. This really amazed me how much they value years old customers.

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have tried using phone only for voice and this makes bit difference. But its really hassel to not have 3g/4g etc.

Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are no official o2 wifi boosters. There is the Tugo app which you can use over wifi, but that is all.
Also, OFCOM don't deal with individual complaints but you can go to the telecoms ombudsman after you have pursued the official complaints process to deadlock with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 26