cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please return the deposit to me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir/madam,

I pay 500pound deposit when i made a new monthly contract with O2 on 21/09/2012 at clydebank store,the sales told me can return me the deposit after 3months,so I went to the clybank store to Request a refund on January,and i already provided my view bank statement and the receipt of the deposit.but 3months passed,I still can't get back my deposit.Have any reason not to refund the deposit to me?

Best regards,

yizhao cao

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i called O2 customer a moment ago,i asked why they didn't return me the deposit,the answer was:they didn't know where's the deposit gone.so i need to contact the store sales ...

is so crazed.that's None of my business that where's the deposit gone,cause that 500pounds already paid out from my bank account.O2 should own internal investigation.anybody has the same experience like me?

I think I understand more about your enquiry now.

The store you bought the phone from charged you a deposit.  The deposit never reached your account.  You need the store to fix that for you, not the telephone service.  As far as the telephone service can see from your account, there was no deposit.   This is why they can't refund you.

Please visit the store with your paperwork and they'll look into it for you.

That doesn't sound right, why would the store not forward the deposit?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ,you are right.that's what happen as you said.

i already went to the store many times,and i provided my bank statement and the receipe of the deposit to them .and one of the sales already faxed them to the customer,but the customer said they didn't received anything.and asked me to contact the store,.......

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
i contact the store ,and the slaes said would help me to get back the deposit,but i need to wait,i asked him:how long to wait?but he said he don't know.
Message 13 of 22

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Please let us know how you get on Cao.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

really don't know how to do now.so tired.contact the store ---told me wait---phone customer service----told me need to contact store----ask store ----don't know how long to wait,that's passed 3months,wait  wait  wait .and repeat.So disappointed.

Message 15 of 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Do let me know hoe you get on Cao.

Thanks, Toby (co-ordinator)
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

really don't know how to do now.so tired.contact the store ---told me wait---phone customer service----told me need to contact store----ask store ----don't know how long to wait,that's passed 3months,wait  wait  wait .and repeat.So disappointed.

If what you're saying is true - that the deposit never reached your O2 account, then o2's telephone service won't be able to see it, so can't refund it.

It seems the store never processed the deposit properly, which is why it didn't land on your o2 account.  The store needs to investigate that with their retail support team, find out where the money went, and then organise the refund.

It may simply be that the deposit money was transferred onto the wrong account, in which case they'll be able to track it down fairly quickly.

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

but my bank staement shows that paid out the money to O2

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I also asked the customer service will clerk misappropriated the money? they  said  should not

Message 19 of 22

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

but my bank staement shows that paid out the money to O2

That is proof that you made the payment, so you should have no problem.

It's a shame this has happened and I hope it won't take too long to get your money back.

Message 20 of 22