cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone mast not working for3 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently staying at a friends house and have not been able to use my phone since Friday afternoon.

I never realised it was so difficult to contact O2 if you have a problem, there isn't even a telephone option for faults.

I tried to ring but was waiting then was cut off after 7 minutes.

I logged in hoping I could contact them online from my account - NO I was directed here or told they were checking if someone was available - after 10 minutes waiting I gave up

Have been with O2 many years and am disgusted, think it is time to change my provider

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The fact that a fault is showing means they are fixing it but it can take a while to fix depending on nature of fault etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Occasionally turning the phone off , clean the SIM card and battery pull (phone model dependant) and turn the phone back on clears lots of glitches.

Input your postcode here to Check the masts in your area http://status.o2.co.uk

Look at the maintenance section at the bottom of it too.

It could be mast congestion which I'm afraid you can't do much about.

To contact O2 is available via http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Check through these help tips http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply

I have already done everything that you suggest

The network checker says that the phone mast has a fault in this area (has done since Friday afternoon, when I decided the reception was even worse than usual in this area)  but does not say if they are fixing it or a likely resolution time

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately O2 do not supply repair times 😞

It's a case if using the service checker and re boot your phone when it's showing as 'good'
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The fact that a fault is showing means they are fixing it but it can take a while to fix depending on nature of fault etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately O2 do not supply repair times 😞

Not always true... I put in a complaint a couple of months ago (direct email to the complaints review service, because didn't want to through the hassle of L1 support scripts, as I knew it was a network problem) about the poor reception on my route home, along with the useless info on the "My Network" app. Received a call pretty sharpish from a senior support engineer with both an apology, refund for lack of service and an exact date of when service would be restored by. The date was accurate, too...

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly an exception to the rule, and not a norm ?

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or perhaps a sign of the future? ??

We can buy live in hope. ..... 😃😃😃😃
Message 8 of 8