cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has failed and poor O2 coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

My iphone 5s has an ongoing hardware issue (kernel problem). Despite having a 24 month contract, the phone is only warranted for 12 months, pretty average really. To compound matters the O2 coverage is so poor compared to my wifes EE phone that its hardly usable much of the time. I need to get a new phone, the best way to do this is to take a new contract but I want to move back to EE. Can I be released from my contract as the phone supplied no longer works?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If its a Refresh contract pay off the phone and you can give notice to end the airtime. 

If you want to go down the route of walking away for free then you need to follow procedure by making a complaint.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Be aware though that by pursuing this route you would have to hand the phone back which you have already paid month by month.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If its a Refresh contract pay off the phone and you can give notice to end the airtime. 

If you want to go down the route of walking away for free then you need to follow procedure by making a complaint.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Be aware though that by pursuing this route you would have to hand the phone back which you have already paid month by month.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
In short, no, a faulty phone doesn't give you the right to walk away from your contracted obligations.
I do agree that the Apple warranty is poor by comparison and if pushed hard enough, O2 will usually try and work something out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you attempted to get an appointment at your nearest Apple Store where they will likely replace it for a fee if out of warranty 

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Apple are fairly strict on the 12 month ridiculous  warranty but they will have an out of warranty replacement price, around £150 or thereabouts.

Message 5 of 5