cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going straight to voicemail occasionally?

aca95pks
Level 3: Thinker
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Why do phones do this? It's a Galaxy S6, it's not in Do Not Disturb mode and even if it was the caller is on my list of Favourites.

I got an answer phone messages straight away but not the original call.

Phone shows good 4G signal and the O2 status page shows no issues?

I've had it a couple of times in the past causing problems with people thinking I'm ignoring them when collecting them from work.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144082 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It can be a problem if the phone is locked onto a strong 4g signal (calls need the phone to revert to 3g) and if it can't switch to 3g quick enough it will drop the call.
It's not all that common, but can happen - I'd suggest that if you know you should be getting an urgent call to switch to 3g or 2g.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144082 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It can be a problem if the phone is locked onto a strong 4g signal (calls need the phone to revert to 3g) and if it can't switch to 3g quick enough it will drop the call.
It's not all that common, but can happen - I'd suggest that if you know you should be getting an urgent call to switch to 3g or 2g.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

aca95pks
Level 3: Thinker
  • 62 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

OK, I didn't realise that, thanks for the info. Although it sounds like asking me to switch to analogue when the digital signal is too strong wink As in, it sounds a silly thing to do in this day and age.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144082 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I agree, it sounds silly but sometimes you can have too strong a signal !

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this might explain what is happening with my wifes O2 phone.

It keeps switching itself to 'direct to voicemail'.  She then misses important calls because she has not noticed its changed itself over.

We have changed it back again 3 times now in 2 days using the - **61*901*11*30# method.

Between that and me never having 4g, even though I pay for it.... o2 are trying my patience!

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It would explain it but in England I never missed a call because I switched voice mail off.

Message 6 of 6