O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 2: Apprentice
phil_enty

Phone cuts out and hangs after about 7-10 seconds

Hello,

I recently upgraded to an iphone 5 but the problem I have was also happening BEFORE i upgraded and I am frustrating its still happening even with a new phone / sim.

I make a call and 9 times out of 10 it goes silent and i get cut off. When i try to hang up the call it just hangs with the timer still ticking but no one a the other end. My signal is full and it does it where ever I am....sometimes i'm lucky and it works. Like I said, it must be o2 because the same issue was happening on my old phone before i upgraded. This is extremely frustrating as I cant make any calls or receive them with the risk it cuts out.

any tests or help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

Re: Phone cuts out and hangs after about 7-10 seconds

I was getting this when I first restore my 5 I tried to restore again and it stopped might be coincidence.

Try checking signal is your are useing this

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Do you get the same issue with landlines as mobiles?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
phil_enty

Hello,

No it's both, mobiles and landlines. Status looks good :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Liquid

Try a full restore from your old back up. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence what I had.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
phil_enty

ok mate i'll try that :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Liquid

Other thing I could say is try turning off 3G in settings and reset the network settings.

Try another call see if you get issues if not turn 3G back on see if the issues return might be a fault that hasn't been reported to O2 yet.
Please use plain text.
phil_enty

Doh did it again ! to be honest, its been goign on for weeeks now, the only reason i didnt report it on my old iphone 3 was because i was convinced the new phone would resolve it. I've turned off 3g so i'll test a few more calls. Only 7 days in to the contract so i'll have to cancel if its not sorted quick as i really need to be able to make calls....as most people do with mobile phones :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Liquid

Of course haha.let us know you get on without 3G your best bet if still no luck is to lodge a service error with O2.

Do you still get issues if your in town?
Please use plain text.
phil_enty

I'm not sure about town as I mainly use it just outside London. I'll let you know :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Liquid

I am wondering if there's a mast error around somewhere or an overly built up area ruining reception.
Please use plain text.