cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying of device plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have £90 left to pay on my device plan but I don't want to renew my contract if I pay that will I have to still pay the airtime till my contract ends in March 2017
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have £90 left to pay on my device plan but I don't want to renew my contract if I pay that will I have to still pay the airtime till my contract ends in March 2017

No you just cancel the airtime and you are free to walk away ...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No you just cancel the airtime and you are free to walk away ...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

The beauty of Refresh. Pay off the device and give notice for the air time and you are free to go to another network or go sim only.

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Just to add to the good advice given above, make sure your phone is unlocked, if it isn't already, before you cancel your airtime. If the phone isn't unlocked, call customer service and they will provide you with an unlock code.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous Just to add to the good advice given above, make sure your phone is unlocked, if it isn't already, before you cancel your airtime. If the phone isn't unlocked, call customer service and they will provide you with an unlock code.

You can also unlock it through the link in device details in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a word of warning from my current experience, if you pay off your phone and do not want to renew the contract. You may end up wanting to use that phone on another provider, if you do you will need an unlock code for the phone from o2.

I've currently been waiting 4 weeks and have a locked phone and a replacement from o2 and still they cannot get the unlock to work.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
It's not usually that difficult though but I appreciate the difficulties you are going through.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7