cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for a broken phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have had a bit of an issue this past month. I'm on a 24 month contract due to run upgrade this July. I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and I have had no issues until the past month or so. It began freezing etc, not responding to touch and then it went into bootloop (constantly rebooting without turning on). I sent it into repair, as it was under warranty but then I was told they found a couple of pins moved in the charging port (however it charges perfectly fine) and so they couldn't fix the real issue until I paid £124.99 for that. I had it sent back unfixed as I could of just paid £120 for an early upgrade. I downloaded Kies and did a firmware update, which should have fixed the problem but didn't. I was told by Samsung that there is nothing that can be done and the phone is essentialy dead. 

So I contacted o2 again, but all I was told is that the only options for me is to pay the remaining £120 and upgrade early, get a cheap pay as you go phone or pay £25 for a loan. My issue is, that I have not got £120 spare, so I am now essentially paying for a broken phone as they will not send out a replacement. Quite frankly I think this is unfair as the phone is not broken through any water damage or fault of my own. So I am now left paying monthly for a phone that I cannot use! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Any charge by Anovo starts at a minimum of £100 and it seems that every 3rd repair is not covered by warranty. ...

Message 11 of 13

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It began freezing etc, not responding to touch and then it went into bootloop (constantly rebooting without turning on). I sent it into repair, as it was under warranty but then I was told they found a couple of pins moved in the charging port (however it charges perfectly fine)

More info
More info
Don't know

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Classic damaged charge port problems.
Many years of experience with Samsung phones tells me this.
Other symptoms include over heating, random shutdowns and rapid battery drops.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13